Truth Bomb . . . Marriage Humility



Hey, hey, hey! It July 10, and that's a great day. Why? Because it just is. I'm trying out a new intro and it needs some serious TLC, but oh well, we will work on it! It's been a minute, so hey! If you're new to my blog, it's a mix of marriage realizations, self realizations, self love, humor, and all around love for everything I post. In the end of each post, I love myself a bit more, and it's seriously such an AWESOME realization. I LOVE being a blogger and sharing tid bits of my life with you!

I'm testing out a series idea, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to be as dedicated to it as I want to be. I'm going to try (fingers crossed) to do weekly realizations/weekly updates but we will see how it goes. Since we've been married I've really gotten out of my comfort zone, started 2 businesses, gotten lots of miles on my car, and experienced so many things for the first time, and I want you to be apart of it! After all, I am a lifestyle blogger, so we should get some more of my lifestyle in it! Be looking forward to that, I know I am pretty excited for it. You'll see the good, the bad, we'll laugh and we'll cry and it'll just be life! Hopefully it will bring more people to the understanding that they matter and are awesome just the way they are!

DISCLAIMER: The title is a lot more intense then this post.

It's been 109 days since I married this hot tamale (okay that sounded less stupid in my head, but I'm keeping it anyway)


And let me tell you, marriage is a FREAKING HUGE  learning curve. You don't magically become the perfect cook, housewife, or freaking wife for that matter.Oh and a big one, everything you grew up with isn't always right. How FLIPPING crazy is that?

So I'm coming here today in complete humility, just don't tell my husband. ;) (either way I'm screwed because he reads all my posts) And the thing is, this realization doesn't even have to happen when your married, it can be when you're dating, living with your boyfriend/girlfriend, or it can even be with roommates.

Let's just get this over with. This is hurting so much to think about, and my fingers are burning from typing this but . . . I'm not always right. GASP, I know!

Dorian and I like to play this stupid game where we ask each other our pet peeves that we each do. Like he doesn't always rinse out his dishes, and it drives me nuts. I apparently don't vacuum right, which I never knew there was a right and a wrong way to vacuum, who knew! He doesn't like to do the dishes, and I don't like to do them either, but I end up doing them every single night. Funny how that works! Oh and apparently, I don't fold the clothes right out of the dryer so they get wrinkled. There's actually no apparently about it, I'm just making myself sound better because I can. ;)

You'll get pet peeves, I PROMISE you! When in reality each of the pet peeves literally take seconds to do, and hey at least they are getting done for the most part. How many times do we get caught up on the little things that aren't up to par, instead of focusing on the positive?

Everything doesn't fit together as perfect as it does in your mind, but you'll quickly learn that it's okay. You'll learn, more than you want to learn sometimes. But that's the beauty of being a couple, you don't have all the answers on your own, but you can work TOGETHER to figure things out. You find new ways to do old things, and it's not a bad thing.

Today, when I was doing laundry guess what I did? I folded the clothes right AFTER they got out of the dryer and guess what? It was so much more effective, and I didn't dread doing the laundry because I already had a pile folded and put away before the second batch was done.

That's when I realized maybe my husband was right, and I swallowed my pride a little. This is a silly story, but it got me to thinking God really puts people into our lives to bless it, he puts people with different backgrounds, different ways of  doing things to teach us! Because lets be honest if  we had to rely solely on ourselves for everything and couldn't use anyone else's knowledge life would be HARD. Like imagine not having books, or google, the internet, or your mom! Life would be way too hard! That's why God puts people into our lives, so we don't have to do everything alone, and that we can have lots and lots of help! Think about it God created Eve so that she could help Adam. Adam can't have babies on his own, and none of us would exist. I betcha Eve had to swallow her pride and admit Adam was right too! So really, we are all in good company! ;) Relationships take work, they take admitting your partner is right sometimes, they take realizing you can't do it on your own, and that's the beauty of them!

Let me tell you one thing, marriage is great. Not because everything is beautiful and perfect like my Instagram feed, but because we are learning day by day and are going through the good, bad, and ugly together. And quite honestly I wouldn't have it any other way!



Comments

Popular Posts