Second Monday



Hey, I am so glad to have you here, honestly and sincerely. Blogging gives me so much purpose and I'm so glad that I get to share the little thoughts in my mind. Writing is freaking empowering!!


DISCLAIMER: Like, pretty much all of my posts, this starts out satirical and then with some whimsical twist it becomes a freaking motivational masterpiece.


Let's hop into this . . .

Definition for Tuesday : The day Monday decides to do the things to you that it didn't have time to accomplish yesterday, multiplied by 10.

Tuesday generally is not my friend. Which sounds so stupid to the rational side of my brain. If you don't know me well, I have two parts the rational and the irrational. And honestly it is sooo annoying! I can see everyone's side to EVERY single situation and can see how they are right and how I am right, it makes it so hard to win anything! So irrational Meg blames the day, as if the day of the week has anything to do with the happenings in my life.. Honestly, the bad is part of any day, it could even be Friday and bad things can happen, because that's just life!

My vendetta for Tuesdays has always been a thing, and is referred to as a second Monday.

Today I have a freaking bad tooth ache, like when I eat anything I instantly regret it. So I am in a lot of pain today, and basically feel like I'm going to die because 1. I'm a baby and 2. I hate pain. My kitchen is a freaking disaster, because dishes are the absolute worst. I spilled water all over the kitchen floor as I attempted to do the dishes. Then I stopped, and walked over to my computer and guess what? The internet wasn't working, so lame!

Luckily, that isn't the end of my story, I endured and I have a pretty nifty phone where I can turn on a personal hotspot. Internet problem...fixed!

My attitude was my problem, I wasn't looking at all the experiences that led me to cleaning up today or even the things that I have that I take for granted and ultimately become annoyed with.

With my toothache I have an awesome body that sends me signals something is wrong and I am able to get it fixed. Modern medicine is a wonderful thing and I am getting it fixed tomorrow! I think of all the homeless people in our own county and countries abroad that don't access to a dentist, who have to deal with pain every second of their day. And I am complaining so, so much about a silly tooth. Pain that I only have to deal with one more day.

As for the dishes. I was able to prepare a meal with my own two hands, a few ingredients, and an oven that has electricity! I am so lucky to be able to prepare something that I made by myself to enjoy with my husband around the dinner table. To have him be grateful for me, for making his life just a little bit easier. That is a blessing to me. That I get to serve, be a bit more Christ like with just a simple meal, and that is beautiful! Heck, I have access to electricity. Do you realize how awesome that is? I can whip up anything in a matter of a few seconds,without needing to go outside and find some sticks to start a fire. I can make it right in my home!

Things are going to go wrong today, but my problems are nowhere as big as they could be. And there is always two sides of every story. And it is my choice which side I will choose, irrational or rational?

So here's to Tuesday. A second chance to see things in a new perspective. A chance to be grateful for all that the weekend offered. Tuesday isn't my issue, my attitude toward it was. And I am choosing to be grateful. Grateful for little kitchen disasters where I get to reminisce on fun conversations with the ones I love, grateful for a wonderful body that does it's job, grateful to have the chance to make our home a beautiful place and a refuge from the storm, and most of all I am grateful that I get to be this this cutie's wife!


Comments

Popular Posts