Living Brave : A Journey to Health



Hey all you lovely people.

I am being completely different lately, It's not a bad different, it's actually a really good change, and I honestly have no clue where it is coming from, but hey I'm not complaining. I am changing for the better and I am learning how to be BRAVE.  I've recently come to terms with myself and have begun taking control of my life and my happiness.

A lot of soul searching has been done. Countless tears and hard decisions have been made, but through that I learned that sometimes we need to do things for ourselves. I recently quit my job, not because I hated where I worked. Not because I didn't like my coworkers. It was actually a super positive experience, I was able to meet some incredible friends who definitely will be lifelong friends. I learned so many valuable skills and came to love the people I worked with.

But, sometimes we need change, and that's not always a bad thing. Sometimes  you have to follow your heart, and you don't always know why. The funny thing about life is there are so many twists and turns, so many hills to climb, and most of the time you can't see the end picture. You merely have to rely on faith and things that feel right. I promise you, the fear of the unknown will surpass. Wherever you go and whatever you do, you will learn. You learn in everything you do, and sometimes being brave and quitting your job is when you really find yourself. Now please, please don't go out and quit your job on a whim, that is not what I am trying to tell you to do.

I'm just saying be brave, chase after your own happiness and you will find yourself. Life is too short to be upset with where you are, sometimes you need to make the change for yourself and this is where my being brave comes into play.

Being brave can simply mean saying hi to your crush. Being brave may be sitting next to the person who never has anyone to sit with at lunch. Heck, being brave can even be doing something for yourself. It is different for everyone, and that is the beautiful thing.

I'm  simply vowing to be braver for my happiness and in turn I hope it helps others.

So guess what?

I am being brave.
I am choosing health.
Not for others, but for me.

This is the first post of me changing. I am not going to say it is going to lead to a "better me". Because honestly, I don't think weight determines if you are a good person. Instead, what determines that is how you treat others and all that good stuff. I am a good person the way I am. I am doing this for me, not because I think I am unworthy the way I am.

I AM DOING THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF, and there is nothing wrong with that. Often when people hear you want to change they think it's because you hate yourself. But that is not the case, I know I am beautiful and that I don't need to change.
But I WANT to.
I want to do it for me.
I want to love myself along the way.
I want to continue working on myself.

So guess what I did today?

I decided that instead of complaining about not being healthy, I decided it is my choice.
Complaining helps nothing. Instead, we need to take control of our own lives, our own destiny, it really is our own choice.

Today, December 14, 2017, I bought the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred program and a pair of hand weights, because I made the choice to change.

You're probably wondering what does this even have to do with being brave?

Today I got on social media and I shared a picture of me in a tank top after I had finished working out. I do not do that, believe it or not, I'm actually a super shy person, and I don't want people to know when I struggle. And my health really is a struggle for me, and I really struggle with my weight. So I decided that I am going to share my journey, my good days as well as the bad days. Because this is me, and this is my real life.



I didn't do it because I wanted the attention. I didn't do it because I wanted people to praise me. I did it because I want to help others and want to hold myself accountable to others. So, if you want to join me on my journey to better health, I welcome you. I promise you there will be raw and real posts, it's not going to be rainbows and sunshine all the time. But hey, that's life. I'm looking forward to taking this journey with you!

Love ya'll!

Comments

Popular Posts