The Happy Choice



Let's rewind to where I was a month ago. I was super stressed about my job. Like an unhealthy amount of stress and I felt like just giving up and calling so many things quits. I seriously had lost all motivation in myself, and I had a lot of heart to heart talks with my Heavenly Father. But guess what? I stuck with it, and I am sooo GLAD that I did. It probably was one of the harder times of my life and I stuck through it and I made it! That, my friends, feels so dang good! I feel like I really can do hard things now and things don't seem as difficult now. It's kind of funny when you are at your lowest point, I think you end up learning the most! Getting through hard things sucks at the moment, but when you get past them the outcome is oh so good!

I think my last blog post I was whining about how I thought I wasn't in the right place in my life, or something of that sort. And I had to put a positive spin on it, so I decided to be happy where I was and to write a blog post about it. *Surprise, surprise*

Most of my posts are written because I am feeling sad, upset, or even defeat. Which is me just being super real and honest! But I always try to find the positive side of everything and how I can make situations better, which is super freeing to be so open with everyone on the internet. It really lets me get my feelings out and it is such a good outlet to express myself.

But guess what?!

I'm writing this because I am happy. I genuinely am happy with where I am at in life and the person who I have become. I am happy because this year has brought me so many things that I have prayed for and I have grown so close to my Heavenly Father. He has been there through all my tears, trials, smiles, and He has brought me so much joy that I didn't even know was possible. Therefore, this post to going to be about all the great things this year has brought me.

1. My absolute favorite person!

At the beginning of this year I was on a dating app, called Mutual. I was probably talking to too many guys on it at the time, we will just say I am a really talkative person, lol. But one day around January, I saw this cute guy but there was literally NOTHING on his profile. Not even any interests or a witty message. Like some people got way creative on there, but Dorian didn't haha! Then I totally swiped the wrong way, because I thought it was super fishy for him not to have anything on his profile. But I swiped that I like him instead and didn't even realize it at the time. Until about a week later, my phone dinged and said I had a match. And the rest is history! haha! We will totally go into this more when I talk about our engagement story. But it was the best accidental swipe ever, because I get to marry my best friend in March!

*I promise I will share our whole love story another day!

2. A real grown up job!

I feel like I talk about this one a lot! But it was a big deal and had so many prayers involved in getting it. But jobs are awesome because they help you learn responsibility and so many lessons. I learn so much every single day at work, and my coworkers make me such a better person. I love the people I work with and the friendships I have made!

3. A BONUS family

You don't just marry a person, you marry their family as well. This saying is so true! Thankfully Dorian comes from the sweetest family ever and I totally lucking out in the in-law department. But God totally knew what he was doing when he put Dorian and me on the same path. We both fit in with each other's families so well. They are so close and really know how to have times together. My favorite part about them is how they are so easy to relate with and to talk to. I'm just super lucky and I am so excited to be a Walker!

4. New Friends and Old Friends

This year it seems like I have lost so many friends, but I have gained so many more. I have reconnected with some of my best friends from high school and we can go to lunch and talk like nothing has happened and it is so much fun! I am so grateful to have them back in my life and that even though we don't talk all the time we can go right back to being best friends! I have also made so many great new friends this past year! Let's be honest, I met them at work! They are some of my best friends and I can talk to them about anything. I am so, so grateful for all of them and for lasting friendships!

5. Closer Relationships with family members

This year I have more of a realization that I freaking love my family. I have been able to go through trials with them, laugh, and cry. And it has brought us so much closer together. I honestly thing one thing that brought me closer, especially to my dad, is growing up and moving out soon. That probably sounds so stupid. But my whole mindset has changed because I know next year I won't be at home. This will be my last year at home with my sweet family. I think that has brought us all so much closer because we know that we are all growing up and moving on to different things in our lives. I have both a mixture of excitement and fear with moving out because I will never be able to go back to my 5 year old self. Where my mom and dad tucked me in at night and scared all the monsters away. I will never be able to go back to  being carried to my bed by my daddy. Instead I will hold onto those memories and I will love my family no matter what. Because those memories are what holds us all together and we will just continue making new memories.

6. Trials

I know what you're thinking, "Really Megan, trials bring you happiness?" Well yes and no. They freaking suck going through them. The worst feeling is when you feel like you messed up and there is no hope. But when that happens there is always some angel in my life who leads me to Heavenly Father. And you know what? That is the most sincere feeling to come to your breaking point and to be able to feel the love of the Savior and of Heavenly Father. So, I have come to the realization that trials do bless me. They help me to become better, and I really do want to be better, so I will take them the best that I can!

These are just the top things that this year has brought me *so far*. So friends, look at the good things in your life. Look at what you have been blessed with and let me know! I am all about sharing positive vibes.

Keep on keeping on people! Love, love, love you all!

Comments

Popular Posts