The Death of Judging



Often times I see people of all ages and stages of life judging others, and I have been caught up in that snare. I think we all have. We judge people who are in different stages of life, people who we don't understand, and people who we think are "different" than us.

I'll be the first to admit I have been that snarky girl with has made comments about others behind their backs. 

But guess what?

 THAT'S NOT OKAY.

We live in the 21st century, we live in a time where love is an open topic, gender is fluid, and social media is ever present, and guess what? The world is changing, people are changing. This isn't the 1950's, which would be super awesome, because I just think that time was so freaking classy. It's okay that the world is changing, people can't grow without change. But one thing we need to practice more regularly is being kind.

Being kind to someone doesn't mean accepting every single decision they make, heck you don't even have to like their decisions. Being kind doesn't mean you advocate someone's lifestyle. Kindness starts inside us individually, and is a rational decision made every second of the day. Really, kindness starts with a simple smile, it starts with a "How are you doing today?". It starts with first pushing past judgement and viewing a person as valuable, because WE ALL ARE VALUABLE!

I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I have friends who are gay, I have friends who are transgender, I have friends who have tattoos and piercings, I have friends who are questioning their beliefs, I have friends who are different religions, I have friends who are also choosing to go to the temple, I have friends who don't believe in God, and I have friends who do believe in God.

AND guess what? I LOVE them ALL!

So, my plea to us all is to be a little kinder. Respect people's beliefs and life choices. Respect them as a human being. Don't laugh and gawk. Instead, treat them how you would like to be treated. My life choices and decisions aren't for everyone, neither are yours.

The beautiful thing about this life is that WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT! 

Just as no one person is exactly like you physically, no one is like you emotionally or personality wise. We are all unique, and a lesson can be learned from each one of us, if you just put past your differences and learn to love and respect. 

Again, you don't have to agree with my choices or anyone else's but everyone does deserve to feel like a person. So, next time you catch yourself thinking some unkind thoughts, look around and find something good in that person. Remember just because they aren't like you doesn't make them any less important.

Let's practice a little more kindness this season, and treat others how we would want to be treated!

End of message! Love you people tons!

Comments

Popular Posts