Ending the Term "Undateable"



I see so many posts on social media where people complain about being single and not having anyone to care for them. Believe me, I am in no way judging people or their situations, because I have been there so many times. But, there comes a time when you realize that maybe there is a reason why you're single.

"Hey, you're really pretty/cute. Why are you single?" Raise your hand if you get asked this question way too much. The little thought always pops in my brain saying, "If I knew the reason why, I wouldn't be single." Listen up people you aren't single because you aren't pretty/handsome enough, or maybe not funny enough, or just too nice. These statements are a big FALSE! Seriously, somebody is always someone else's type, it's a known fact.  So, all of those reasons are not why you're single.

Let's go into a little side story.

A few weeks ago I was having some hard times with dating and so I texted one of my good friends because I was in need of a serious vent session. She sent me the perfect response, which I am going to share with you. "Have you ever thought that maybe it's not you? Maybe it's your spouse that isn't ready. Maybe Heavenly Father is protecting you and saving you for when you and your spouse are 100% physically, mentally, and emotionally ready and prepared."

WOAH, WOAH, WOAH! (That's why I surround myself with the best friends!)

She is so right though! I think that maybe we go through all these crappy circumstances with dating because it shows us we are better than that past relationship. It shows us what we like and dislike in a future spouse. Even though it sucks, it's something that needs to happen in order to have growth in the relationship arena. For me personally, I would rather wait for Mr. Right then be stuck with the wrong person for the rest of my life.

I've realized that being single isn't the worst thing in the world. Do you realize how many people are looking for their next meal and you're worried about a boy/girl not texting you back? It seems kind of silly now that I think about it.

You are so much more than feeling sorry for yourself because you aren't "loved." Newsflash, you are loved by someone greater, Heavenly Father, and honestly that's of most importance! You are loved by the most supreme, and you are His child!

Enjoy your single years, because when you're married it's a deep commitment and you are with that person for eternity. Take the time to be unapologetically you. Learn your likes, dislikes, and hobbies. Go on as many adventures with your friends and family as possible. And most importantly, don't settle for anything less than what you deserve.

When the time is right love will come, until then live for yourself! In everything you do, do what makes you happy. Now is the time not to just sit, wait, and complain but to get out, observe, and be yourself.

Enjoy the journey to finding what makes you happy, and go after those things. Life is too short to be anything less than extraordinary. Find your happiness, and love will find you. Remember you are so enough, and if people can't see that they it's time to cut the strings.




Love,
Megs



Comments

Popular Posts