To My Best | Friends




If there were an award for the worst blog updater I would get it. I'm pretty positive that wasn't proper grammar, but I mean can you blame me? I'm on Christmas Break so I don't want to hear about school for a couple of weeks, haha! I know, I know, just get on with the point of this post.
Here we go pals.

With the Christmas season I feel way more loved and grateful than I usually do. Even with the cold snow and my car not starting half of the time in the mornings, I am grateful. Lately I've made everlasting friendships with people I never thought I would be friends with. Since friends are such a big part of each one of our lives, I thought I'd dedicate this post specifically to them. Honestly, my favorite type of posts are the letter ones, so this is not a shocker that this is going to be a letter because that's what I do best.


Dear Childhood Best Friend,

No one can replace or replicate our memories together. The moments we watched High School Musical a thousand times and sang ever single word perfectly will never be forgotten, even fighting over who got to be Sharpay and Gabriella. (I'm totally embarrassing myself, but it's chill.) When we would pretend to be in high school (because obviously they were the coolest people we knew) and got my brother's old cell phones and made calls to the Jonas Brothers and "drove" around. You taught me how to not fear what others thought. How to live fearlessly and to be myself. You taught me what being a true friend was all about. Even when we had our junior high fights, and didn't talk for a few years you were always there. I can always talk to you, even know, and we can talk like nothing ever happened. We may have grown apart and not be as inseparable as we once were but you will always have a special place in my heart.


Dear High School Best Friends,

I couldn't have made it without you. We were all pretty diverse, and I'm not exactly sure how we all became friends but we managed to stay friends all throughout high school, and that's pretty cool! We've definitely had our rough patches, and drama filled conversations. But I wouldn't change it for the world. With life we grew apart, I wish that wouldn't have happened but it did. I will always remember the random things we did. From going to Walmart and riding in the motorized carts to going to the movies. We had the best memories and made high school the best! Thanks for going to the games with me, and go to all of  the awkward dances. I wish the best for you, and I hope all your dreams come true. You all deserve the absolute best, and I hope you find yourself and your own happiness.


Dear Current Best Friends,

Thank you for everything. Thanks for listening to my boy drama, and letting me make a complete jerk of myself and not judging me for it. You are always one text or phone call away, and I can tell you all my worries. Honestly you tell me exactly how it is, and it's good. I don't like it in the moment but 99% of the time you are right, I'll admit it. Thanks for pushing me out of my comfort zone, and being completely honest with me.You steer me away from bad situations, and build me up even if it's in a weird insulting way (totally kidding.) Thanks for watching sad movies with me, and eating too much ice cream. Who knows what our friendship has in store for us. But what I do know is that you are always there when I need you. Thank you for being you, and letting me be myself. A big thanks for supporting my selfie habit, and taking pictures with me at any time.

The thing about friendships is they follow you throughout your life, and that is a beautiful thing. They make you who you are. I'm so grateful to have had the influence of all of these great friends in my life, and to have their input. Even if we aren't as close as we once thought we would be there is no doubt in my mind that they aren't a great people. I'm go glad I got to know each and every one of them. Here's to all the memories made and the ones that are yet to be made. Cheers to friendships, in their imperfect glory they still mean so much!

I'm here to tell you don't forget about your friends. They were/are in your life for a reason, love every imperfect thing about them and your friendship. You'll miss it when it's gone, and hold onto the memories, they make for funny stories in the future.

Have a merry one everybody! Also, there are more posts coming! :)

XO,
Megs

Comments

Popular Posts