To My Biggest Supporters


Dear Mom + Dad,

A lot of changes have happened in my life, that leads to growing up. I hate growing up just as much as you do, but it's inevitable. You were there for my first breath, watching me cry at T-ball games, listened to all my drama in junior high, and watched me walk at graduation. You were always there, and I have no doubt that you will always be there. All good things need to be let go, and it's my time. Time to make my own decisions, time to make new friends, and time to grow up. But don't worry I've learned from many the times of being sent to my room, from telling you my problems and getting advice, and from our heart to heart talks. I've learned from two of the best examples of how to make wise decisions, how to love whole heartedly, and how to make the most of every situation. You two are my heroes, and are wise even if you think you are screwing up, you aren't. Thank you for always being real with me. For crying with me and telling me the whole truth. I'm pretty sure  moms are the only people who are honest enough to tell you that you don't look good in that shirt, or that shade is not your color. I've learned that honesty is the best policy, even when you screw up and hit your mom's new car. It's better to get things out in the open sooner rather than later, the yelling seems to be better when you let them know first instead of them finding out later. Thank you for showing me your vulnerable side. Going through losing two grandparents in eighteen months was the hardest thing I saw you go through mom, and you made it out alive. After many hours of tears and sadness you came out strong, you conquered the hardest thing in your life. Dad thank, you for coming out strong and being a stable factor in my life. I couldn't imagine life without you. We fight, a lot, but my love for you will never go away. Thank you for loving and respecting my mother. You taught me how a lady should be treated and what a marriage should be like. Thank you for both for honoring our Heavenly Father, and for making church a stable part of my life. The most important lesson you have taught me is families are forever, and they will always be there for you. Even through the bad as well as the good. I'm glad I have you two to turn to when I make mistakes or have trials because you do things with love, and I know without a doubt that you will do anything for your kids. I'm not promising you that leaving won't be easy, it'll be hard. Thank you for all of your patience and endurance with me. Thanks for letting me buy more shoes, for letting me buy more makeup, and for letting me spend countless hours reading. Sometime it's time for me to go out on my own, but I know you are always there for me. We are going to make so many memories with this new phase of life. From graduating college, getting engaged, marriage, kids, and whatever else life brings. Thank you being mine, and never giving up on me. You two are the best parents a girl can have, and I'm glad you are mine.

Love always, 
Megs

Comments

Popular Posts